Want to know what is SSC CGL, SSC CGL all posts, SSC CGL Salary, SSC CGL age limit, and SSC CGL exam date?
then you land at the right place here are the complete details about SSC CGL exams – eligibility, vacancies, posts, salary, age limit, exam date, and most common questions related to SSC CGL exams.
Read this post carefully here are all the details that you want related to SSC CGL.
What is SSC CGL?
SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level) is a national level exam conducted by SSC ( Staff Selection Commission ) for the recruitment of Group B & Group C posts in various government ministries, departments, and offices.
This exam is conducted by SSC in four stages called tiers and the first two tiers or stages of the SSC CGL exam are conducted in online mode and the last two tiers are conducted in offline mode and this exam is held once a year.
Complete Recruitment Process of SSC CGL Exams
SSC CGL Tier-I exam
- The candidate needs to fill and submit the SSC CGL application form on the official website of the staff selection commission.
- Once your application is accepted by Staff Selection Commission then you can download your admit card for the Tier-I exam from the official website of the staff selection commission.
- Once you download your admit card give your SSC CGL tier-I exam as per the prescribed schedule. Your tier-1 exam is a computer-based exam that contains Multiple Choice Questions of a total of 200 marks.
- The result of the Tier-I exam is declared by Staff Selection Commission on its official website and candidates who clear the tier-I exam are allowed to appear for the Tier-II exam.
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam
- Candidates who are clearing the tier-I exam and qualifying for the SSC CGL Tier-II exam can download their Tier-II SSC CGL admit card one week before the exam.
- SSC CGL tier-II is also a computer-based exam that is divided into four parts and each part contains 100 Multiple Choice Questions of 200 marks.
- The result of the SSC CGL Tier-II exam is declared by Staff Selection Commission on its official website and candidates who clear the SSC CGL Tier-II exam are allowed to appear for the Tier-III exam.
SSC CGL Tier-III Exam
- Qualifying candidates for Tier-III exam again need to download their admit card from the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
- SSC CGL Tier-III exam is conducted in pen-and-paper mode(Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi).
- The result of the SSC CGL Tier-III exam is declared by Staff Selection Commission on its official website in online mode same as tier-I and tier-II result and candidates who clear the SSC CGL Tier-III exam are allowed to appear for final stage Tier-IV exam.
SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam
- Qualifying candidates for Tier-IV exam again need to download their admit card from the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
- In SSC CGL Tier-IV exam, SSC conducts either a skill test, computer proficiency test or document verification, as per the post applied by the candidate.
- SSC CGL final stage result of candidate is will be based on the marks of tier-I, tier-II and tier-III result and it’s necessary for a candidate to score well in tier-I, tier-II and tier-III exam to guarantee his/her selection in SSC CGL and all qualifying candidates are allotted posts in Government ministry/department.
Read – SSC CGL Exam Pattern
Eligibility Criteria For SSC CGL Exam
- Candidate age should be between 18 and 32 years.
- Candidates who have completed graduation from a recognised university are eligible for the SSC CGL exam.
- Candidate must be either a citizen of India, person of Indian origin, subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee.
SSC CGL All Posts
|SSC CGL Post||Department/Ministry||Classification of Post|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG||Group B Post|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG||Group B Post|
|Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretariat Service||Group B Post|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau||Group B Post|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of Railway||Group B Post|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of External Affairs||Group B Post|
|Assistant Section Officer||AFHQ||Group B Post|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations||Group B Post|
|Assistant Section Officer||Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations||Group B Post|
|Inspector (Central Excise)||CBIC||Group B Post|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)||CBIC||Group B Post|
|Inspector (Examiner)||CBIC||Group B Post|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Group B Post|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||Group B Post|
|Inspector Posts||Department of Post||Group B Post|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group B Post|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations||Group B Post|
|Assistant Superintendent||Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations||Group B Post|
|Divisional Accountant||Offices under C&AG||Group B Post|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)||Group B Post|
|Junior Statistical Officer||M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation||Group B Post|
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Registrar General of India||Group B Post|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Group C Post|
|Auditor||Offices under C&AG||Group C Post|
|Auditor||Other Ministry/ Departments||Group C Post|
|Auditor||Offices under CGDA||Group C Post|
|Accountant||Offices under CGDA||Group C Post|
|Accountant/ Junior Accountant||Other Ministry/ Departments||Group C Post|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks||Central Govt. Offices/ Ministries other than CSCS cadres||Group C Post|
|Tax Assistant||CBDT||Group C Post|
|Tax Assistant||CBIC||Group C Post|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group C Post|
|Upper Divisions Clerk||Dte. Gen Border Road Organisation (MoD)|
(Post is only for male candidates with higher physical and medical standards given at Annexure-XVI)
|Group C Post|
SSC CGL Salary
SSC has calculated the SSC CGL salary for the different SSC CGL posts based on the posts and the level in that post and SSC CGL salary for each post varies according to its pay level there are 5 pay level posts namely Level 8, level 7, level 6, level 5, and level 4.
Given below is the SSC CGL post, post level, pay grade, and SSC CGL salary for different employees appointed at different SSC CGL posts:
|Post Level||SSC CGL Posts||Grade Pay||SSC CGL Pay Scale|
|Level 8||Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant Accounts Officer||Rs 4800||Rs 47600 to 151100|
|Level 7||Assistant Section Officer, Assistant, Inspector of Income Tax, Inspector, (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner), Assistant Enforcement Officer, Sub Inspector||Rs 4600||Rs 44900 to 142400|
|Level 6||Assistant/ Superintendent, Divisional Accountant, Sub Inspector(NIA), Junior Statistical Officer||Rs 4200||Rs 35400 to 112400|
|Level 5||Auditor, Accountant, Accountant/ Junior Accountant||Rs 2800||Rs 29200 to Rs 92300|
|Level 4||Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks, Tax Assistant, Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics), Upper Division Clerks||Rs 2400||Rs 25500 to 81100|
SSC CGL Vacancy 2021
SSC CGL vacancies for 2021 are 7035 in which 2891 vacancies are declared for the General category, 1046 for SC category, 510 for ST category, and 1858 for the OBC category.
FAQ Related to SSC CGL
What was the application fee for the SSC CGL exam?
The application fee of SSC CGL is 100 Rs However, women candidates of all categories and reserved category candidates do not need to pay the application fee because they are exempted from fee payment.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the SSC CGL exam?
1. The candidate’s age should be between 18 and 32 years.
2. Candidates who have completed graduation from a recognized university are eligible for the SSC CGL exam.
3. The candidate must be either a citizen of India, a person of Indian origin, a subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or a Tibetan refugee.
How many times is SSC CGL conducted in a year?
SSC CGL exam is conducted once a year.
Can a candidate who has just qualified class 12th examination, apply for the SSC CGL exam?
No, should have complete graduation from a recognized university.